Dr. Viege Traub, Ph.D., 86, a longtime member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn., died Sept. 23 of natural causes in Los Angeles.A native of Germany, Traub came to the United States in 1951 on a State Department-sponsored visit as a teacher from the U. of Munich. Within a year, she had settled in Hollywood, and by 1954 she was acting chairman of the Intl. Film Committee of the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. For many years, Traub was responsible for bringing a wide selection of foreign films to the U.S. to be screened for members of the HFPA and considered for Golden Globe Awards. She is survived by two sons and a daughter.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut