A new animation category has been added to the Daytime Emmy Awards by the Natl. Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. In addition to the trophy for outstanding children’s animated program, which now honors writers, directors and producers, NATAS has added outstanding animated program-special class, honoring artistic achievement in animation alone. Producers may enter one but not both categories.In other changes, the individual achievement in animation now becomes a juried award honoring a single episode of a series or special, and the outstanding performer in a children’s series award now requires nominees to have appeared in at least 19% of the episodes during the yearlong eligibility period, which this year ends Feb. 5. The date for the 1997 awards ceremony has not been set.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California