A new animation category has been added to the Daytime Emmy Awards by the Natl. Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. In addition to the trophy for outstanding children’s animated program, which now honors writers, directors and producers, NATAS has added outstanding animated program-special class, honoring artistic achievement in animation alone. Producers may enter one but not both categories.In other changes, the individual achievement in animation now becomes a juried award honoring a single episode of a series or special, and the outstanding performer in a children’s series award now requires nominees to have appeared in at least 19% of the episodes during the yearlong eligibility period, which this year ends Feb. 5. The date for the 1997 awards ceremony has not been set.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut