Madison Square Garden late Wednesday said it will sell the Miss Universe Co., which owns three televised beauty pageants, to Donald Trump, whose casinos may become their new venue.MSG, a joint venture of ITT Corp. and Cablevision, wouldn’t disclose terms of the sale, which includes the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants, but said Trump outbid other suitors. “The business didn’t fit in with the long-term strategic plans of Madison Square Garden,” Kenneth Munoz, exec VP-business affairs and general counsel, said in a statement. CBS televises all three pageants under long-term contracts, but the sale is not expected to immediately affect that agreement.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut