Steve Zahn, who starred in “That Thing You Do!,” has signed with Creative Artists Agency, to be repped by Rick Kurtzman and Karen Friedman. Zahn next stars in “subUrbia,” directed by Richard Linklater and adapted from Eric Bogosian’s play of the same name.* Amy Rosen, who has been with CAA as a television agent for the past four years, has left the percentery and retired from the agency business. In her career, she also had been at ICM. * Henry Czerny, who appeared in “The Boys of St. Vincent” and “Mission: Impossible,” has signed with ICM, to be repped by Eddy Yablans and Jason Barrett. Czerny’s credits also include “Clear and Present Danger.” * Premiere Artists has signed Virtual Netcasting Corp., an Internet programmer and World Wide Web provider. VNC provides Web site development services that position businesses on the Web, and also produces its own sites, such as the music magazine MuCoMo and LA Live, for live concerts. Premiere partner Mike Packenham and his associate, Kirk Braufman, will head up the venture. * Colton Gramm has been promoted to talent agent at ICM. Gramm, who joined the percentery in 1994, had worked for ICM president Jim Wiatt and as an assistant to Toni Howard. * Sandy Weinberg, a five-year veteran of Innovative Artists, has joined Paradigm as a senior member of the literary department. Weinberg began his career as an attorney specializing in entertainment litigation before breaking into agenting at Intertalent. He is the second agent to join Paradigm’s lit division this month, bringing the number of agents in that department to 10. He will specialize in repping screenwriters, directors and longform TV writers.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut