:Cable giant Tele-Communications Inc. is prepared to pinkslip as many as 2,000 of its 39,000 staffers, or about 5% of the workforce, as early as next week as part of a year-end bid to reduce the company’s expenses.A source inside the Denver-based TCI confirmed that the cuts would be coming soon and that the annual savings to the debt-riddled corporation would approach $100 million. TCI’s official statement, given by a spokeswoman, is that “all areas of the company, including the workforce, are being examined and reviewed during the budget process, but there are no firm details as yet.” The staff trims are expected to come from virtually every area of the company.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut