David J. Bloomfield, who negotiates all feature film development and production deals for Spelling Films, has been upped to senior VP of business & legal affairs, Spelling announced Tuesday.Bloomfield will continue to be in charge of handling acquisition and financing deals, as well as international and domestic film distribution agreements. He moves up from a VP slot. He reports to Mitch Horwits, prexy of Spelling Films. “In the five years that David has been with us, he has been a major contributor to the Spelling organization,” Horwits said. “He has played an important role in all of our films, including ‘The Usual Suspects,’ ‘The Player,’ ‘Stephen King’s Thinner’ and the soon-to-be-released ‘Night Falls on Manhattan’ and ‘Roseanna’s Grave.’ ” Before Spelling, Bloomfield was an associate at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Pircher.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut