Sony Pictures Entertainment has tapped Linda Carpenter for the newly created post of VP, advanced entertainment systems. She will serve as technical liaison between SPE and other Sony companies, in addition to evaluating technologies that create new opportunities for SPE.Carpenter joins Sony from Pacific Leisure Entertainment Group, where she was president of production. She has developed interactive projects for the Walt Disney Co., Warner New Media, Discovery Communications, Intel and IBM. She also served as manager of business development for new technologies at Paramount. She serves as chairwoman of the Hollywood Technology Council’s electronic cinema study group. At Sony Pictures, she reports to exec veep Ken Williams and senior VP of operations & corporate administration William Humphrey.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California