The Disney Channel confirmed it has surpassed 25 million subscribers, doubling its base the past two years and trebling the number the cable channel had three years ago. It added 5 million expanded basic customers in the past two months alone. *The Turner Classic Movies cablenet, which launched in April 1994, announced it has doubled its subscriber base over the past year, to better than 12 million. Additionally, TCM finished atop a September cable subscriber study conducted by Beta Research Corp. that asked 500 cable consumers to measure their interest in 18 midsize and 23 newer networks based solely on content descriptions. The Turner film channel attracted the highest numbers, with 87% expressing interest in the channel to 79% for runners-up the History Channel and Encore, and 66% for ESPN2.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut