Clark Gable’s Academy Award sold for $607,500 and the sled “Rosebud” from “Citizen Kane” went for $233,500 on Sunday in Los Angeles during an auction of Hollywood memorabilia.Gable’s best actor Oscar for the 1934 movie “It Happened One Night” was purchased by an anonymous buyer, said Vredy Lytsman, a spokeswoman for Christie’s, a New York-based auction house. Also selling Sunday was ”Rosebud,” the child’s sled from Orson Welles’ 1941 film. The buyer was identified only as being from Los Angeles.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut