Nancy Nayor, senior VP of feature casting for Universal Pictures, has left to become an independent casting director. She’ll still be based on the U lot, but will cast features for the studio on a nonexclusive basis. She had been reporting to Casey Silver, chairman of the motion picture group.Nayor joined Universal as a casting assistant in 1983 and was promoted to VP of feature casting in 1989, with responsibility for overseeing casting on all U features. She was named to her current post in 1994. During her tenure, she has served as casting director on such films as “The Flintstones,” “Casper,” “Darkman,” “White Palace,” David Koepp’s “The Trigger Effect” and the Bubble Factory’s Bette Midler starrer “That Old Feeling.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania