SANTIAGO – National Amusements on Thursday opened its first multiplex in Latin America at Arauco Outlet Mall in Maipu, a populous middle-class Santiago suburb. The spacious 10-screen, 2,050-seat complex was inaugurated (in Spanish) by Brent D. Redstone, a member of the company’s board of directors.At the inaugural party an announcement also was made that construction of a National Amusement 14-screen multiplex at Santiago’s upscale Parque Arauco Mall will begin in January and the site will be inaugurated in late 1997.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California