SANTIAGO – National Amusements on Thursday opened its first multiplex in Latin America at Arauco Outlet Mall in Maipu, a populous middle-class Santiago suburb. The spacious 10-screen, 2,050-seat complex was inaugurated (in Spanish) by Brent D. Redstone, a member of the company’s board of directors.At the inaugural party an announcement also was made that construction of a National Amusement 14-screen multiplex at Santiago’s upscale Parque Arauco Mall will begin in January and the site will be inaugurated in late 1997.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California