Andrew Lipsitz has sold his spec script, “The Secret Game,” to Kennedy Marshall for a six-figure sum.Based on an article written by Scott Ellsworth that appeared in the New York Times last March, the screenplay tells the story of a clandestine basketball game in 1944 during which the Duke University varsity lost to an all-black team from the North Carolina College for Negroes. The Disney-based production company purchased this script about the first inter-racial collegiate basketball game in a preemptive bid. The pic is now on the fast track of development. Creative Artists Agency’s David Styne and Sonya Rosenfeld repped Lipsitz.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut