ROME – Italian festival entrepreneur, screenwriter and film producer Felice Laudadio has been named curator of the Venice Intl. Film Festival, replacing outgoing director Gillo Pontecorvo.Laudadio was appointed Nov. 29 at a board meeting of the Biennale, the org that runs the festival. While directorship of the event traditionally carries a four-year mandate, the upcoming re-election of a new Biennale board and the government’s restructuring plans for the org meant that Laudadio was elected to the helm for one year only, to oversee the Aug. 26-Sept. 6, 1997, fest.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut