Lisa Gottlieb and Gretchen Somerfeld have been chosen from a field of 275 candidates for the DGA/Disney Directors Training Program for minorities and women.The program offers supervised observation and hands-on experience to qualified minority and female directing talent. Gottlieb, a DGA member who has directed indie feature films “Cadillac Ranch,” “Across the Moon” and “Just One of the Guys,” will apprentice under Jeff McCracken on “Boy Meets World” starting this month. The Northwestern U. graduate also directed episodes of “Dream On” and “Freddy’s Nightmares.” Somerfeld, who directed the short subjects “Cafe” and “P.A.” and the indie feature film “Interruptions,” was selected to train under Gil Junger on “Ellen” starting in January. She is a graduate of New York U.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut