Sonja Piper, a former creative exec with Hollywood Pictures, has signed on as a VP with Rob Fried’s company at Sony Pictures Entertainment, the studio announced Monday.Piper, 26, will help seek out and bring in projects for Fried to produce under his banner at Columbia. She is currently working for Fried on “Coup d’Etat” at TriStar Pictures and “Rose Madder” for HBO. At Hollywood, she shepherded such pics as the Robin Williams starrer “Jack,” “Navy Cross,” which features Demi Moore, and “Firelight.” “She is smart and energetic in every aspect of motion picture development and production, and I am confident in her ability to acquire strong projects and steer them along,” Fried said. Piper began her career with Francis Ford Coppola’s American Zoetrope.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut