Fox has named its newly created second Los Angeles regional sports cable network Fox Sports West 2 and plans to launch it on cable systems Jan. 27, the day after Super Bowl XXXI.The channel, anchored by Dodgers baseball telecasts, will also include games featuring hockey’s Mighty Ducks as well as Clippers basketball, USC and UCLA basketball and football, horse racing and high school sports. No subscriber numbers will be available until next week, but there had been some early reluctance on the part of such large local cable operators as Century and Continental to take on a channel that would carry a per-subscriber fee on top of that charged for Fox Sports West (the former Prime Sports West that was rebranded on Nov. 1).
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut