Linda Fiorentino has landed the female lead in Robert Spruill’s “The Split.” The thriller, scripted by Theodore Wittcher III, is the next film from the director of Miramax Films’ “Squeeze” and has been titled “Body Count” and “Framed” during various stages of its development.On “The Split,” Fiorentino will join her “Jade” co-star David Caruso, who is part of an ensemble cast that also includes Ving Rhames, Forest Whitaker, John Leguizamo, and Donnie Wahlberg. The actress who is best known for her portrayals of femme fatales in pics like John Dahl’s “The Last Seduction” received the offer last weekend. She recently finished playing the chief coroner opposite Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones’s G-men in Columbia Pictures’ upcoming “Men In Black.” Elephant Walk Entertainment’s George Jackson and Doug McHenry are producing “The Split” along with Carl Mazzocone’s Main Line Pictures. The pic is about an art heist that goes awry. When the ringleader of a gang of thieves who have never met before is killed during a robbery, the remaining hoodlums are left to play off one another in a series of plot turns reminiscent of “Treasure of the Sierra Madre.” The pic is shooting in North Carolina. Fiorentino was repped on her deal by Creative Artists Agency.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut