John Swallow, who served as effects producer on Universal Pictures’ “Dragonheart,” has been appointed VP of production technology at U. Swallow had been executive producer for Pacific Data Images for two years, creating effects for such films as “Cliffhanger” and “The River Wild,” as well as the Earthquake attraction and Hitchcock Pavilion at Universal Studios Florida. *VIFX co-founder Richard Hollander has been named president of the special-effects house. In addition to his expanded duties, Hollander will continue in his post as senior visual-effects supervisor.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London