MEXICO CITY – 20th Century Fox has tapped Eduardo Echeverria to head its Mexican theatrical distribution office. Formerly director of sales for United Intl. Pictures’ Mexico operation, Echeverria replaces Javier Lopez, who is retiring.Fox, which has beefed up its Mexico-based Latino operations with several appointments over the past year, now is looking to pick up indie pictures for Mexican distribution, Echeverria said. Fox last picked up indie titles in Mexico more than two years ago, with poor results. Fox also has closed its back-room operations here. To ensure better handling of prints, Fox has contracted warehousing and physical distribution to Columbia TriStar/Buena Vista Intl., which recently opened a spacious joint office just outside Mexico City.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut