Visual effects house Digital Domain has signed an agreement with the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees, whereby the IA will serve as Digital Domain’s bargaining agent with project employees on theatrical features now in production.The agreement wouldn’t cover DD staffers, nor would it cover digital artists. Instead, it would cover such technicians and artisans as model makers, grips, electricians, editors and art directors. DD president and CEO Scott Ross brokered the deal for his company; IA president Thomas Short represented the union. The agreement will establish wages, benefits and working conditions. In addition, project employees covered under the agreement will benefit from health and pension contributions made by DD to the Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut