Sony plans to begin construction this week on Yerba Buena Gardens, an entertainment and retail complex in San Francisco.The center is slated to include a 15-screen Sony Theatres venue, a 3-D Sony Imax auditorium, a Sony store, the Discovery Channel Destination flagship store, an interactive play area based on Maurice Sendak’s “Where the Wild Things Are,” a number of other themed interactive areas and several restaurants. Sony president and chief operating officer Nobuyuki Idei is expected to be on hand for today’s groundbreaking, along with San Francisco mayor Willie Brown and execs from Sony’s real estate partners.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut