Gov. Pete Wilson has appointed Cody Cluff, president of the Entertainment Industry Development Corp., to the board of the South Coast Air Quality Management District.As president of the EIDC, Cluff runs the nonprofit joint venture between the city and county of Los Angeles that issues permits and promotes the entertainment industry in the L.A. area. The governor appoints one member to the board of the South Coast AQMD, which is the sole agency responsible for regulating air pollution within the area. The board also prepares comprehensive plans for achieving health-based air quality standards. The appointment is subject to state Senate approval and does not offer a salary. The appointment fills a spot on the board left vacant after the Senate denied confirmation of TV commentator and attorney Hugh Hewitt.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut