Katie Chin, who exited her post as VP of promotions and strategic alliances for Universal Studios Consumer Products two months ago after a very short stint, has joined the Alcone Marketing Group as VP of worldwide entertainment and licensing.Alcone is the sales promotion division of ad agency Omnicom. The division has been making a push into the entertainment industry. Chin has worked in the marketing departments of several studios during her career: 20th Century Fox, where she worked as VP of worldwide television promotions and senior VP of marketing and promotions; the Walt Disney Co., where she worked on feature film promotions; and Orion Pictures. During her Fox stint, Alcone and Chin first teamed up, working for the “Who Stole Bart’s Butterfinger?” promotion.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut