A joint venture to produce a definitive product guide and screening schedule for the 1997 Cannes film market (Marche Intl. du Film) has been announced by MIF exec director Jerome Paillard and Sydney Levine, president of West Hollywood-based Film Finders Inc.Film Finders is a feature film tracking service that provides data to acquisitions personnel at studios and independent film companies as well as to the Rotterdam Cinemart, non-profit festivals and the Independent Feature Film Market. While the service’s paying clients will be receiving the data well in advance of the Cannes event, a hard copy of the guide will be distribbed to the 4,000-expected marketgoers as they register, according to Film Finders exec VP Peter Belsito. An online database is also under discussion, Belsito said.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut