The 1997 Berlin Intl. Film Festival’s 20th Annual Children’s Film Festival will be showing a retrospective of selected kid films made during the last 20 years. The sidebar has its own competition, juries and prizes. Ten pics in this year’s Special Choice section will feature Bille August’s “Buster Verden” (1984), as well as the Australian “Manganinnie” (1980) , Japan’s “Bokuchan No Senjou” (1985), China’s “Oh, Xiang Xue” (1990) and Poland’s “Wrony” (1994).
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut