ACI’s “Scoop With Sam & Dorothy” will cease production Dec. 20 and go off the air Jan. 24, the company confirmed.The entertainment talkshow, hosted by Sam Rubin and Dorothy Lucey, is the second new strip this season to be canceled. MGM’s “The Bradshaw Difference” also ends in January. The cancellation is hardly a surprise given the show’s dismal ratings. The show’s season-to-date national average is 0.6, and its highest weekly average ever was a 0.7. The show was not only a money loser from the standpoint of production costs, but ACI also lost money by buying its way onto the air in New York City, for an estimated $1 million to $1.5 million per year (Daily Variety, Feb. 26). Sources say the show’s total losses may be about $5 million.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut