Burbank post facility 4MC said Tuesday it is using gear from U.K.-based manufacturer Quantel to edit episodics such as “ER,” “The Nanny,” “Drew Carey” and “Pacific Blue.”4MC is using the Clipbox video server and the Editbox in tandem. According to Bob Bailey, VP and director of marketing at 4MC, use of the systems saves time in post. Before an edit session begins, footage is scanned into the file server in real time, which allows instant access to the material, Bailey said. The creative edit is done using an offline system such as the Avid and Lightworks. Once that’s completed, assembly of the show is done directly from the digitized footage stored in the Clipbox, using the Editbox as an edit controller. According to Bailey, that process takes the place of the traditional online session.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut