For months King World Prods. has been negotiating to acquire Mark Goodson Prods., which has the biggest inventory of gameshows in the business, including such chestnuts as “I’ve Got a Secret,” “What’s My Line?” and “Password.” However, Wired hears that King World has soured on the deal, even though Goodson’s library would have dovetailed nicely with the hit gameshows King World already syndicates, “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy!” Speculation on Wall Street is that King World was looking to swap its stock for Goodson and, because KW’s currently trading near its 12-month low, the deal would have been too costly to finance. It didn’t help matters that Goodson’s “The Price Is Right” failed in syndication. A King World rep declined comment.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut