A little practical example of what it means to be a Gallic producer caught between the French government and Hollywood: Jean-Francois Fonlupt, head honcho at Ciby 2000, was all lined up for a top-level summit with Warner Bros, chief Terry Semel at the start of the American Film Market, but had to cancel at the last minute because he’d been summoned to see French Prime Minister and presidential candidate Edouard Balladur. Fonlupt clearly knows on which side his bread is buttered. Fortunately, Semel was willing to reschedule a week later.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut