Ron Meyer is still reshaping the new MCA/Universal, but it’s clear the future is in denim, at least on Fridays. Meyer sent a “Dear co-worker” memo around the lot late last week that makes official a trend that is catching on throughout Hollywood. “As of Nov. 10, Fridays are considered casual dress days. If you are not already dressing casually, please feel free to do so.” Meyer has become a regular memomeister, dispensing about three per week, including much appreciated early reminders when the studio closes early on holidays. “Once we got a memo that came 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve saying the studio was closing at noon, ” said a source. “The Meyer memos give a positive feeling on the lot.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California