Encore Media’s Starz channel will be producing three to five original films per year, and while Stephen Shelanski, director of program acquisitions at Encore Media, doesn’t expect to acquire any scripts outright at the market, he, like other buyers, is perusing the IFFM’s Encore-sponsored script library (120 scripts, up from 80 last year) for signs of talent. Shelanski said Starz has a “potential project” in development with a scripter he met at last year’s IFFM.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut