Sun Microsystems announced last week a new line of workstations and servers priced to compete with Silicon Graphics in several markets, including Hollywood. The company touted its deal with Pixar, a Northern California animation house that created the computer animation for Disney’s upcoming “Toy Story.” Pixar used Sun hardware on the project. Sun president Ed Zander said his company’s products would function better and at a lower price than comparable products from Silicon Graphics.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California