Sun Microsystems announced last week a new line of workstations and servers priced to compete with Silicon Graphics in several markets, including Hollywood. The company touted its deal with Pixar, a Northern California animation house that created the computer animation for Disney’s upcoming “Toy Story.” Pixar used Sun hardware on the project. Sun president Ed Zander said his company’s products would function better and at a lower price than comparable products from Silicon Graphics.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California