Sun Microsystems announced last week a new line of workstations and servers priced to compete with Silicon Graphics in several markets, including Hollywood. The company touted its deal with Pixar, a Northern California animation house that created the computer animation for Disney’s upcoming “Toy Story.” Pixar used Sun hardware on the project. Sun president Ed Zander said his company’s products would function better and at a lower price than comparable products from Silicon Graphics.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut