Like many CD-ROM startups that began with high hopes and foundered in a market glutted with tides, Ion, once touted as the world’s first interactive record label, is changing direction. The company inked a $5 million pact with BMG two years ago and produced a David Bowie title called “Jump.” An early exit from the BMG deal has been executed and Ion is bowing out of the crowded consume-product business to focus on software tools. Noted artist and original partner Lou Beach has departed to pursue his advertising business.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California