Sony Pictures Entertainment has named Ken Ralston president of its inhouse special effects division. The five-time Oscar winner joins Sony Pictures ImageWorks from Industrial Light & Magic where he served as visual effects supervisor on “Forrest Gump” and “Who Framed Roger Rabbit.” Most recently, he oversaw effects production for “Sabrina” and “Jumanji,” and is currently wrapping work on “The American President.” At Sony, Ralston will make his directing debut with Columbia’s “Dinotopia,” based on the book “Dinotopia: A Land Apart From Time” by James Gurney. The deal was negotiated by ICM and attorney Sam Fischer.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut