Vortex Technology has launched what it bills as a “24-hour Internet-delivered radio network” consisting of original programming. The network is called the Vortex Live channel. Audio is delivered via software called Streamworks, developed by King Technology. Vortex said Internet users with even a moderately fast modem (14.4 baud) can receive its audio feed. The network’s flagship show is “Professor Neon’s TV & Movie Mania,” which Vortex president Lauren Weinstein developed for radio broadcast. After the show became an underground hit, Weinstein modified it for broadcast on the Web.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut