TV marketing dean Mort Slakoff, who has spent the last 13 of his 37 years in the business at MCA TV, will retire Monday as senior V P of creative services for the syndicator.The company did not announce a replacement. Although he will relinquish day-to-day control, MCA TV prez Shelly Schwab said Slakoff will become a special consultant overseeing creative services for the NATPE and PROMAX conferences. Since joining MCA in 1981, Slakoff has supervised all advertising, promotion and press relations for its off-net and firstrun series. Slakoff was vice president of creative services for Metromedia TV. He also worked at Viacom, Time-Life, NBC Films and Triangle TV stations.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut