British Sky Broadcasting, the Rupert Murdoch-owned satelliter, is embarking on a free home trial in an effort to boost dish sales and subscription revenues.The scheme, led by a marketing campaign fronted by Britain’s Olympic skating heroes Torvill & Dean, will allow U.K. viewers to sample all Sky channels for a month without paying a penny. BSkyB, which has seen dish sales and subscription recover after a dip last summer, has guaranteed to remove the equipment at no extra cost if viewers decide not to keep the package. Earlier free installation offers caused controversy when it emerged that viewers had to pay disconnection fees. The skaters are reportedly being paid $ 450,000. Figures show there are now 3.5 million U.K. dishowners.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut