Former “In Living Color” producer Tamara Rawitt has been named exec producer of the new ABC daytime series “Mike & Maty,” which is scheduled to replace the “Home” show starting April 11.Rawitt will help Buena Vista Prods. launch the series, bringing more of a comedy/variety approach to the daypart than has been characteristic of “Home.” In addition, Michael Miller, former producer of KABC-TV’s “Eye on L.A.,” has joined the show as senior producer. “Mike & Maty” is hosted by Maty Monfort and comic Michael Burger. Rawitt said she hopes her comedy background and connections will create an opportunity to “shake things up a little bit” in daytime, resulting in a format that’s more on the order of a variety show than most fare in the daypart, which relies heavily on talk/information. Rawitt recently exec produced “The Better Sex Show,” a Carsey-Werner Co. comedy/reality series with a six-episode commitment from ABC. Her commitment to Buena Vista will involve getting “Mike & Maty” off the ground, though she’s not expected to stay on beyond the first few months.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut