Paramount has added two more affiliates in San Diego and Louisville, Ky., to its fifth-network lineup, bringing its total to 33 stations covering 45% of the country.The additions to the jointly owned Par/Chris-Craft Television weblet are KUSI in San Diego (the 24th-largest market) and WFTE, a recent start-up independent in Louisville (No. 49). Par is still contemplating a course of action in Philadelphia (No. 4). The studio was planning to use its current Fox affil, WTXF, as a fifth-network outlet after Fox struck a deal to buy Combined Broadcasting-owned rival WGBS. When the deal between Fox and Combined fell through, Par considered striking a deal with WGBS. But rumors persist that Fox and WGBS could eventually revive their agreement, leaving the Par net in limbo there.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut