MIAMI (Reuters) — Cable News Network faces trial July 11 on a contempt charge that it knowingly disobeyed a judge’s 1990 order not to broadcast tape recordings of Manuel Noriega’s jailhouse phone conversations.CNN pleaded innocent to the charge announced Wednesday, more than three years after U.S. District Judge William Hoeveler learned that CNN had obtained the secretly recordedtapes. CNN eventually surrendered the tapes after broadcasting excerpts for two days and fighting a First Amendment battle all the way to the Supreme Court.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut