In celebration of its 15th anniversary, cable web Nickelodeon is launching “The Big Help,” a public service campaign designed to empower children to perform volunteer service in their communities.“Kids feel best when they are involved in something,” said Geraldine Laybourne, Nickelodeon president. “We are going to give them the opportunity to show that they can make a difference by giving them the tools to participate in community activities.” The multiyear campaign will be highlighted by a nationally televised telethon in which children may call up and pledge time to participate in community service. Also supporting the cable web’s efforts are President Clinton’s Americorps and other community service organizations. Laybourne said an ad campaign will rely heavily on Nick and sister channels MTV and VH-1.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut