LONDON — The British Broadcasting Corp. will cut down on the polished southern English accents that dominate its air waves in favor of greater regional diversity, a top official was quoted on Thursday as saying.Liz Forgan, managing director of national radio, told the Guardian newspaper work had already begun on making national radio sound less cliquey and alienating. More announcers with strong regional accents have been enlisted.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut