NEW YORK — With Diane Sawyer’s contract negotiations garnering headlines and CBS’ evening news team receiving ample exposure during the Winter Olympics, “ABC World News Tonight” anchor Peter Jennings has been quietly moving ahead on three projects designed to bring him into primetime living rooms.The Alphabet web has announced plans for Jennings to anchor four installments of its new newsmag “Turning Point.” The first of the four, a two-hour edition focusing on D-Day, is slated to air June 1, with one on Tiananmen Square also in the works. “Turning Point” will operate under a rotating anchor principal, with Sawyer and Barbara Walters splitting most of the duty. Sawyer will anchor the newsmag’s March 9 premiere.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania