NEW YORK — With Diane Sawyer’s contract negotiations garnering headlines and CBS’ evening news team receiving ample exposure during the Winter Olympics, “ABC World News Tonight” anchor Peter Jennings has been quietly moving ahead on three projects designed to bring him into primetime living rooms.The Alphabet web has announced plans for Jennings to anchor four installments of its new newsmag “Turning Point.” The first of the four, a two-hour edition focusing on D-Day, is slated to air June 1, with one on Tiananmen Square also in the works. “Turning Point” will operate under a rotating anchor principal, with Sawyer and Barbara Walters splitting most of the duty. Sawyer will anchor the newsmag’s March 9 premiere.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York