There were additional cuts at Columbia Pictures TV in business affairs administration, following layoffs Monday in the publicity department (Daily Variety, March 1).Sources say at least three staffers in the business affairs unit accepted buyout offers. The studio declined comment. The company is evaluating all areas of television production in the wake of a shift two weeks ago consolidating management of Columbia and TriStar under one umbrella, Columbia TriStar TV. More staff reductions are expected, particularly in non-creative areas where the functions of the divisions are duplicated.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut