FCC commissioner James Quello will receive the Distinguished Service Award from the National Assn. of Broadcasters at the NAB convention in Las Vegas March 21.The award goes to individuals who the NAB believes have made outstanding contributions to broadcasting. Recent recipients include former President Ronald Reagan, CapCities/ABC chairman Thomas Murphy and TV producer Dick Clark. Quello, a Detroit broadcaster before joining the Federal Communications Commission in 1974, served a brief stint as FCC chairman in 1993.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut