Ron Vawter, 45, known for his one-man performance piece “Roy Cohn/Jack Smith, ” died Saturday of a heart attack on a plane en route to New York from Zurich.Vawter came to prominence with the Wooster Group, a theatrical troupe under the artistic direction of Elizabeth LeCompte. He appeared in the films “Philadelphia,””The Silence of the Lambs,””Internal Affairs” and “sex, lies, and videotape.” Director Jonathan Demme has produced a film version of “Roy Cohn/Jack Smith” starring Vawter that is currently in the final editing stages. Survivors include his companion, Greg Mehrten, his mother, two sisters, a niece and nephew.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut