Merrill Panitt, a founder and former editor of TV Guide, died March 28 at 76 .Panitt and Walter Annenberg, former publisher of the Philadelphia Inquirer, came up with the idea of a national weekly magazine devoted to television. On April 3, 1953, the first issue of TV Guide appeared with Annenberg as editor and Panitt as managing director. Panitt later became editor of TV Guide and then editorial director of Annenberg’s Triangle Publications, which included Seventeen magazine. He retired in 1988. Survivors include his wife, a son and two grandchildren.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut