John Elliott Hayes, a Canadian literary manager, was killed in a traffic accident near Stratford, Ontario, on Feb. 28.He was 37. Hayes, who began his career as a child actor at the Stratford Festival in 1967, returned to the annual festival in 1983 as assistant dramaturge and was eventually promoted to literary manager in 1991. He wrote numerous original stage works including “Homeward Bound” (1992), which had 12 U.S. productions before its staging by Toronto’s Canadian Stage Company last month. Hayes is survived by his mother; his life partner, Ken Nutt; and a sister. Donations may be made to the Elliott Hayes Playwrights Development Fund via the Stratford Festival, P.O. Box 520, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 6V2.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut