Frances Gifford, a film actress of the 1940s and ’50s who starred as the fearless heroine of the serial “Jungle Girl,” died Saturday of emphysema.She was 72. Born Mary Frances Gifford in Long Beach, she broke into films immediately after high school. She played secondary roles and some leads in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, “”Cry Havoc,””Luxury Liner” and “Thrill of a Romance.” In 1948, Gifford was seriously hurt in a traffic accident. She appeared in only two more films before retiring from acting in 1953. Gifford was briefly married to actor James Dunn. She had no survivors.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut