Castle Rock Entertainment, in yet another move to gear up for more product and wider distribution under new owner Turner Broadcasting Systems, upped Gregory M. Paul to exec veepee and general counsel.Paul, formerly senior veep, will continue to oversee the biz, legal and administrative matters for the indie, which expects to boost production and distrib activity in the next few years. Paul, who joined Castle Rock seven years ago at its inception, has played a key role in developing the firm’s evolving distrib arrangements with Columbia Pictures, Nelson Entertainment, New Line Cinema and Showtime. He also helped negotiate the $ 100 mil sale to Turner. “Castle Rock intends to evolve into a major studio and we need Greg’s leadership to get there,” said Castle Rock chairman/CEO Alan Horn.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut